Sami Hyypia is returning to England after signing a three-year contract as manager of Championship team Brighton & Hove Albion. 06/06/2014 “I’ve held extensive talks with chairman Tony Bloom and chief executive Paul Barber. I have looked at the club from top to bottom and I am very impressed by what I’ve seen at all levels. “I’ve seen the Amex Stadium and the club’s new training ground and they are among the best I’ve seen anywhere in the world,” added Hyypia. “I am absolutely thrilled by this appointment. Brighton are an ambitious club and I am very pleased to have been given this opportunity,” said the former Liverpool defender. Upd. on 11/06/2014 at 19:40 CEST “The chairman is ambitious and for me that is absolutely key. I am now looking forward to the challenge ahead and our aim is to take the club forward to the next level.” Sport EN Hyypia was sacked in April as manager of Bayer Leverkusen.
- Sami Hyypia joins Brighton as manager after Leverkusen sacking
- Pepe says he’s happy to shake Keita’s hand when Madrid meet Roma
- Cristiano Ronaldo thinks Real Madrid lack a little ‘ambition’
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored an incredible goal for his 500th career strike
- Indian football roundup (27/10/2018): East Bengal off to a flying start, Mohun Bagan share…